Note that these instructions are only applicable if you’re using the SP Flash Tool on a Windows PC. If you’re using it on Linux, please refer to the instructions on this website on how to launch the tool in a Linux environment. The rest of the flashing process, as laid down below is practically the same.
In TWRP recover, select Backup/Restore option, choose backup file and swipe to confirm (this will wipe your phone, so backup whole data you have on the phone). Now, download Stock Recovery image [HERE] for your CID, rename it to stockrecovery.img and save it into the ADB installation folder. Save the renamed zip file to your phone’s internal storage. The stock Android firmware restore process is a bit faster than the backup process and when it’s done, you’ll get a restore user data complete notification as shown below. Reboot your phone when you’re done and make sure you never make the mistake of deleting those backup files.
- Connect your phone to your PC, open the phone’s storage on the computer and go to ‘Backup’ folder.
- The idea behind the app is to provide complete application backups without any implications, such as requiring root.
- To obtain the stock boot.img file, you must first extract the Asus stock ROM file.
Now you can install any firmware version of your choice right from your custom recovery. So you no longer need to go through all the tiring process of reverting to stock recovery, unrooting, and then if you get lucky, you receive the OTA updates. And, I need to upgrade my phone from lollipop to marshmallow. Tell me where to find it, or tell me how to how to install the official stock rom by using TWRP. Recovery is a kind of action to install third-party ROMs or firmware on Android device. The fact is that a lot of people want to replace the stock ROM and customize it by themselves.
With these solutions above, you will be able to reinstall Android OS on your Android device to get your device updated with the latest version. And, DroidKit should be the top tool to reinstall Android OS on a phone using PC (Windows & macOS). So, you can download it and reinstall Android OS on Samsung mobile or tablet now. DroidKit is a PC software that allows you to reinstall and update Android OS on your phone using PC. Through the process of auto-matching firmware and downloading the firmware package, you can install a fresh Android OS on mobile. And you can finish this reinstallation on your Windows PC or Mac computer.
- Another ROM that is based on the AOSP Gerrit but has its own custom mods is the Xtended.
- Smart Phone Flash Tool, commonly known as SP Flash Tool, is a cross-platform program that is used for flashing stock firmware, custom recovery, and hard brick device repair.
- With a Nandroid backup you can restore your device to its previous state, undoing any attempted or failed hacks.
- That can you will restore everything that’s you will safe on them.
- INTERNAL_LINK Quick Access Required Content Check Coolpad firmware versions Download Coolpad Stock ROM (Flash File) Watch Video …
- Installing Magisk through custom recoveries on modern devices is no longer recommended.
Iam using lenovo k8 note, Suddenly my mobile restarted and stucked with logo screen, and some times i got error like dll image fail. For that i have searched in google and flashed cache.img file.